Dance Films Association is the catalyst for the production, presentation, and preservation of dance on camera.Applications listed here are both rolling and by deadline. If an application does not appear, it is because the application has not yet opened.
Applications for DFA's April 1 Dance Film Lab are open from March 11-26, 5pm EDT
Dance Film Lab is a year-round series of moderated work-in-progress film screenings led by industry professionals. Moderated screenings offer a fun and creative space to gather and share information on methods and tools, and address technical, practical, and artistic challenges, while providing artists with process-related feedback.
Dance Film Labs are intended to facilitate connections between filmmakers and existing resources that will enhance their works, and are comprised of a moderated screening and discussion, followed by a filmmaker meet-up. Dance Film Labs provide a springboard for filmmakers’ careers and an invaluable networking opportunity for those working on their craft.
- Dance Film Lab welcomes EVERYONE from seasoned filmmakers to those beginning to work in the medium.
- Entrants must be able to attend the upcoming Lab on April 1, 2019
- Submissions may be from film projects of any length and in any stage of production.
- Due to time constraints during the Lab, up to 15 minutes of a project can be screened. We ask that you make note of excerpt(s) of your work.
- It is FREE to submit your work to be considered for this Lab.
- Submissions must be made by 4:59pm EDT, March 26, 2019 to be considered for the April 1st Dance Film Lab. Films submitted will also be considered for our tech-intensive May 6th Film and Electronic Media Dance Film Lab.
- Films submitted for any 2019 Dance Film Lab may be considered for a subsequent Labs in 2019.
Dance Film Labs are free for Dance Films Association Members to attend, and $15 for non-members.
DFA will contact you by March 28 if your film has been selected to screen for the April 1 Dance Film Lab. If your film is selected, your film should be downloadable for our tech by March 29th. Selected applicants will receive a free ticket for themselves, but not their guests. Selected filmmakers should arrive at 6pm when doors open for Lab. The lab will run from 6:30pm to 9:30pm at Gibney Dance 280, Studio A. The best entrance for Studio A is 53A Chambers Street.
Learn More: http://www.dancefilms.org/programs/dance-film-lab/
Dance Films Association Members
Looking for your dance film project to be sponsored film project to be Fiscally Sponsored by Dance Films Association? Please submit this application. Once we've received your submission, you'll get an email requesting to schedule a phone call or meeting to review your application.
Please note: In order to appropriately serve our current sponsorees, our rolling submissions for Fiscal Sponsorship are on hiatus.